- Sedation dentistry is also known as sleep dentistry and is ideal for people who are afraid of dental procedures
- The cost does vary on the specific procedure but it is typically very affordable, dental insurance can help with the costs
- There are several different sedation options, Dr. Peterson can guide you through the process so you know what to expect
- There can be some minor side effects to sedation dentistry, our staff will give you all of the information
- Sedation dentistry can help with potentially painful dental procedures
Conscious Sedation Dentistry
It’s no secret that many people don’t like to visit the dentist. When they are in need of dental care, they often put it off. At Huffman Family Dentistry, we frequently treat nervous patients. We want you to know that we’ve taken extra steps to help you be as comfortable as possible with our sedation dentistry services.
IV Sedation Option
Moderate sedation uses an IV line to help administer the sedation drugs. This allows us to give you just the right amount of sedative necessary to help you have a wonderful experience. You will be aware enough to
Oral sedation Option
Minimal conscious sedation uses a prescription strength sedative taken by mouth about an hour before your dental appointment. Although you’ll be able to respond to basic questions from our dental team, you most likely won’t remember a thing. Most people compare it to a dream during a light nap. Since you’ll be sedated, we ask that you have a friend or family member accompany you to and from your appointment.
Benefits of Using Sedation Dentistry
- Complete all of your treatment during one visit
- No hassle of multiple appointments and missed time from work
- Lasts between 4-6 hours, granting time to complete lengthy procedures
- Available to almost anyone – talk to your dentist!
Can Conscious Sedation Be Used With Any Procedure?
Absolutely. From general
Botox can also be used in treating patients with chronic TMJ and facial pain.
A Beautiful, Healthy Smile Awaits
Huffman Family Dentistry is exceptionally equipped to address your entire family’s oral health needs, no matter how routine or complex.