Sedation Dentist in Anchorage AK
Conscious Sedation Dentistry
It’s no secret that many people don’t like to visit the dentist. When they are in need of dental care, they often put it off. At Huffman Family Dentistry, we frequently treat nervous patients. We want you to know that we’ve taken extra steps to help you be as comfortable as possible with our sedation dentistry services.
IV Sedation Option
Moderate sedation uses an IV line to help administer the sedation drugs. This allows a dental anesthesiologist to give you just the right amount of sedative necessary to help you have a wonderful experience. You will be aware enough to breathe all on your own, and comfortable enough to not care that you are in the dental chair. Most people compare it to a dream during a light nap. Since you will be sedated, it is necessary to have a friend or family member accompany you to and from your appointment. At Huffman Family Dentistry, we have a licensed dental anesthesiologist will visit upon procedure to serve our patients.
Oral Sedation Option
Minimal conscious sedation uses a prescription strength sedative taken by mouth about an hour before your dental appointment. Although you’ll be able to respond to basic questions from our dental team, you most likely won’t remember a thing. Most people compare it to a dream during a light nap. Since you’ll be sedated, we ask that you have a friend or family member accompany you to and from your appointment.
Benefits of Using Sedation Dentistry
- Complete all of your treatment during one visit
- No hassle of multiple appointments and missed time from work
- Lasts between 4-6 hours, granting time to complete lengthy procedures
- Available to almost anyone – talk to your dentist!
Can Conscious Sedation Be Used With Any Procedure?
Absolutely. From general dentistry to cosmetic procedures, and everything in between – sedation can make your anxiety manageable so you can get the care you need.
- Sedation dentistry is also known as sleep dentistry and is ideal for people who are afraid of dental procedures
- The cost does vary on the specific procedure but it is typically very affordable, dental insurance can help with the costs
- There are several different sedation options, Dr. Weaver and Dr. Newman can guide you through the process so you know what to expect
- There can be some minor side effects to sedation dentistry, our staff will give you all of the information
- Sedation dentistry can help with potentially painful dental procedures
Don’t put your dental care off any longer. Call Huffman Family Dentistry today or fill out our contact form to find out more.