Are you suffering from a problem of bad breath? Bad breath or Halitosis can restrict you from socializing with others as you will always have a threat that your bad smelling breath can blow people away. There are several factors that can cause Halitosis, but there are also few techniques that can set you free from this distressing problem. Before knowing the cure to this problem, it is important to know the causes.
What causes bad breath?
The most common cause can be the decaying food particles in the mouth. The growth of (white substance) bacteria on the tongue and between teeth can cause a foul smell.
- Food intolerance or allergy to certain foods can cause excess gas in the stomach which can further cause bad breath.
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages or certain medications can cause this problem.
- Gum infection or any other infection in the body especially in sinuses, throat or lungs can lead to bad breath.
- Dry mouth caused by any allergy or medication that directly impacts the saliva production in the mouth can cause bad breath.
Now, when you possibly know the cause of your bad breath, know the simple remedies suggested by an Anchorage dentist to get rid of it…
- Drink at least 8-9 glasses of water in a day to avoid dry mouth and also this will reduce the bacteria in your mouth.
- You should consume eatables like guava, apple cider vinegar, and pumpkin. Also, try to consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Brush your teeth and tongue three times daily and floss at least once a day.
- Avoid fasting, alcohol or smoking!
- Chew sugar free gum, mint or clove to eradicate bad breath. Chewing gum stimulates the production of saliva, which helps minimize bacteria.
- Lastly, get regular dental checkups by Huffman Family Dentistry – your family dentist in Anchorage.